black orange and blue square CourtierLogo

Making Tax Digital expanding to include all unincorporated businesses and landlords

From 6th April 2022, all VAT registered businesses will be required to switch to the new Making Tax Digital (MTD) regime. And from 6th April 2023, all unincorporated businesses, as well as landlords with a turnover above £10,000, will also be included. Background around the beginning of 2018, HMRC introduced a new way of reporting […]

Why now is the time to start a new business

Coronavius has impacted us all. Its estimated around 3.5 million people in the UK have become unemployed as a result. While many businesses have ceased to trade because of the lockdown measures since March, many people have found themselves unemployed. But this can also be a positive for new business.  As big corporations scale back, […]

SME Recovery Grant to help pay for financial support

The government have introduced a new SME Recovery grant to help those who need to pay for financial support. Financial support covers everything from paying a financial advisor to raising funds in order to pay your accountant. The government has set aside £20 Million of funding available to all SME’s as a boost to help […]

Its Furlough Jim but not as we know it

Rumour has it that Rishi Sunak may extend the Job Retention Scheme past the 31st October, but rules may change surrounding who is eligible and how it will be implemented. As discussed in The Times on Wednesday, ministers are bracing themselves for a flood of job losses when the Furlough scheme ends at the end of October. […]

We are now accepting new clients around the South Essex area

Courtier and Courtier are based in Brentwood, Essex. But for many years we have centred our client base around the East of Essex and Greater London areas.  We are now looking to expand our client base to the South of Essex and surrounding Counties.  If you are looking for an accountant to provide services such […]

New financial help just announced

Rishi Sunak the Chancellor has just announced new measures to help Self Employed and Small to Medium sized businesses. The actual detail will be published shortly, and we will update when we receive it. The chancellor has announced the following. CJRS ( Job Retention Scheme) The Job retention scheme ends in October, however today, Rishi […]

Let with AirBnB? You need to read this!

If you have ever received an income from letting your property with Airbnb, but have not notified HMRC of this income, you must do so now. Airbnb have used HMRCS Connect Data Analysis to supply them with all details regarding anyone who have let their properties through Airbnb. The data will allow HMRC to target […]

Rishi Sunak announces expansion to the Job Support Scheme

The Chancellor Mr Rishi Sunak has announced an extension to the current job support scheme, which will see government pay the employee two thirds of their usual wage should they face local lockdown restrictions. This comes after the announcement of the JSS (Job Support Scheme) which we spoke about previously. Announced on Friday 9th October 2020, dubbed Restricted Furlough […]

Self Employed to get a 80% Cash Grant in November

The Chancellor Rishi Sunak has increased the third SEISS (Self Employed Income Support Scheme) to 80%. Previously the Chancellor had announced that the third support payment for the Self Employed, would be capped at 20% of their average net profit over the last three years. However due to mounting pressure after The Prime Minister announced that local […]

Domestic Reverse Charge for Contractors (DRC)

From 1st March 2021 the Domestic Reverse Charge (DRC) came in to effect for Building and Construction services. This had been set to come in to effect back in 2019 and 2020 but was delayed each time for various reasons. The basic principle of the Domestic Reverse Charge is to ensure a reduction in VAT fraud […]

Thank you for contacting us

We will be in touch shortly